FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Someone needs to do something....man giving away KING COBRA on Craigslist
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Cat_72
Someone needs to do something....man giving away KING COBRA on Craigslist

Was cruising Craigslist ads this morning, and came across an ad for a free King Cobra on Craigslist. Of course, in the text of the ad, the guy claims he's "really nice, and had been de-venomed so he can't kill you".

I've sent a polite message to the guy, trying to explain the finer points of the dangers of what he's posted, but I doubt I will get any kind of positive response. Is there anyone with the proper knowledge of these animals in the Minneapolis area that can possibly do something with this animal??? I'll include the text of the ad, in case it gets flagged off from Craigslist. I hope this isn't inappropriate to post this, I am not posting it as an "ad" as such", I'm just trying to avoid this snake from getting into the wrong hands and a tragedy happening....

Quote:
free king cobra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-394483884@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-11, 9:41AM CDT

i have a 13 ft king cobra that i can no longer care for. free to an good home. he's really nice. just try not to stick your finger in his mouth. he's been de-venomed so he cant kill you