FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy BAD EXPERIENCE: Kicks Balls / Fred Kick / Kick Brothers / Reptile Addicts / Pets Plus
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #23
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Orange Dragons View Post

I purchased a big red female Nigerian Uromastyx from Kicks Balls. I bought her for $85.

Anyway, we never spend time in our Uromastyx room unless it's quick feeding and cleaning time, so we don't know if she was eating and pooping.
Good grief. I feel for your animals.

Quote:
She lived with a male who is the same size, and a smaller female. They are perfectly healthy.
No quarantine, so it is likely they are no longer "perfectly healthy"

Quote:
We noticed she was sleeping a lot in the last 2 months and thought she was just tired. Instead we eventually realized that she was weak. I lifted her up and noticed the bottom of her tail no longer had any fat to it. The base of her tail on top also lost its fat, and her body thickness toward her armpits also lost some size.
All that would've been caught sooner had you QTed & inspected your animals daily.

Quote:
She died in August. The baths, nor the electrolytes with vitamins, nor the Grassland Grazer product helped at all. Her body shut down and she slowly lost the rest of her fat in every other part of her body.
Of course they didn't, she likely had a high parasite load and may have been bullied by the other two in the close underheated quarters.

Quote:
I can't prove that since we never spent time in the reptile room other than to feed and clean them.

Quote:
So now I am not only out the $85 I've spent on her, but I've lost time and additional money on products trying to save her, lost a pet , received heartbreak from her death, and most importantly: she was robbed of a long life that she could have lived!
Pets are cared for and looked at/loved on DAILY. What you had was an animal you looked at & allowed it to die without the proper care or empathy.
She was robbed of her long life buy you, not the Kicks (I would never buy from them, nor do I recommend them.) she died because she needed a vet visit right after purchase, she needed daily attention to make sure she was thriving in her new environment ... She got none of that in your care.

Quote:
IF what the reptile store said is true, ALL of this is because of Kicks Balls' them to the public with their POOR business practices!!!
True to the point of their business practices. The burden lies squarely at your feet for her death.

Quote:
We've done EVERYTHING PERFECTLY in the proper care of her, as her tank-mates were all healthy for years
No you didn't.