FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy BAD EXPERIENCE: Kicks Balls / Fred Kick / Kick Brothers / Reptile Addicts / Pets Plus
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #26
CovetedConstrictors
Years ago at Daytona NRBE I bought a group of "mullucan boas" from the Kicks before I knew about how they did business. The boas weren't that large, so I asked if they were captive born and the person at the table said yes. Taking them at their word (stupid me), I bought 2.1 from the group. After getting them home and taking them out, I noticed the female appeared to be somewhat dehydrated and she had a scar near her vent. The males seemed to be in a bit better shape, but I kept them all in quarantine. They all fed on the first attempt and shortly after I was able to get a fecal done. All positive for hookworms. After a few more meals I treated them but noticed one of the males had developed some sort of lesion on his snout. I kept an eye on it and it steadily grew over a few days. I got him away from even the quarantine room and completely isolated. I brought up the possibility of SFD with the vet which they suspected as well. Antifungal treatments were done which seemed to help. Then he would shed and it would be gone, only to reoccur in a completely sterile environment. It eventually got so bad that he had to be put down because he was unable to eat anymore.
I still have the other two in the group are they are doing well and have grown well over the years. The difference in how they look now is night and day. That was the last time I'd ever do business with the Kicks. They're not honest. They had a booth at Daytona this year and I knew what to look for and you could see some sick, just plain sad animals being sold by them. Lesson learned on my part. Just my two cents.