FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #137
Chameleon Cartel
Recently purchases a gorgeous Nosy Be and a leopard gecko from Mike. I went to the Repticon in West Palm with my girlfriend and her son. We went for the sole purpose of buying any Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. I had spent the entire night before looking up the vendors that would be at the show to see which ones sold chameleons and calling them to see whether they were bringing any. When I called Snakes at Sunset before the show they said they weren't bringing any chameleons but had some in the shop, which is over an hour drive south from my house. When we got to the show we didn't find any ambilobes other than one from a reptile shop by my house, I see how they house their chams and would NEVER buy one from them. I spoke with Mike or awhile and he was extremely easy to talk to and answered ALL my questions I had. He told me that he was sold pubs Ambilobes but had some really nice Male Nosy Bes in stock. At no time was he rude, he didn't hesitate to answer any questions that my girlfriend or I asked. While we were talking my girlfriends 5 year old son somehow convinced us that he needed a leopard gecko. Mikes prices were better and his selection was larger than any other vendor at the show, so we ended up buying a female snow leopard gecko for him. Super easy to do business with and both he and his girlfriend were very friendly and helpful, even with me coming back 3-4 more times asking questions. After the show, we drove immediately from West Palm to his shop which was about 1.5 hours from the show. We bought our amazing little guy and he's home eating and drinking like crazy!!! For such a young little dude his colors are AMAZING!!! We are now planning on buying an unrelated female from him in the near future. I read this entire thread BEFORE going to the show. My girlfriend and I spent about twenty minutes wandering the store to make sure nothing looked sick. ALL of the animals were in appropriately sized, clean cages. The staff, a couple younger teenagers were very friendly and helpful. I've walked into a bunch of reptile stores that smelled like straight ass. This place was very neat, clean and free of excessive odor. It's a reptile shop so I wasn't expecting it to smell amazing. I would not hesitate to do business with Mike again for a second!!! Even with the long drive and multiple reptile stores that are WAY closer, Snakes at Sunset is where we will buy our chameleons in the future. I see a mixed batch of reviews, but I couldn't have asked for a better experience!!!