FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoid in/near Indiana?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #42
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrowned View Post
I can admittedly get pretty heated when animal welfare is on the line
Being passionate about the health of critters is IMHO a good thing. However, each situation should be approached on its own merits. The goal in an individual situation where there is a compromised or abused critter is not to immediately just tell off the abuser. Being told off tends to make people defensive and turns communication adversarial.
Of course if you are speaking in a more general way you can certainly let the world know how angry the mistreatment of animals makes you, and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post

A few more things to keep in mind with either venomous or venomoid snakes: I had no mentor & no formal training (both of which ARE a good idea). I only had a deep respect for my own health, as well as that of my snakes...so it was necessary to get creative to do things safely. Things like bathing a rattlesnake. Every thing you do must be thought-out for safety, never rushed, never attempted when you're feeling tired, sick, distracted, angry, or in any condition other than fully sober.
Your post shows a lot of thought and wisdom, I can see how the poor adopted snake you got flourished and had 17 good years.