FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Blocked glottis on snake -any advice urgently welcome
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 05:05 AM   #155
Helenthereef
Thanks Richard, I'm very happy right now, I only hope he will repeat it in a couple of weeks.

Interestingly I think there are a couple of contributing factors:
We are in our summer months now, and they all eat more when it is hot, plus he did shed a few weeks ago.

However there is another - I was describing the situation and remarking that we had added snake pro-biotics to his diet after the antibiotics had kicked him around, to no obvious effect, and a non-reptile-keeping friend suggested that maybe an innoculation of native snake biotics might be the answer. This was prompted by the rather disgusting sounding (but from what I read, effective) practice of feacal innoculation in humans (google it if you dare...). Essentially you would take the faeces of another snake and introduce it to his gut via the force feeding tube.

Well, I could see the logic, but did not really fancy doing it, so what I did was take him out of quarantine and house him back with the two other snakes he shared a tank with before this happened. This means they sleep together, walk around on top of each other, and recently have been soaking in their bath together. I can only think that they are now sharing gut flora too.... and maybe that was contributary? More research needed.....