FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - NERD supports Voids and plays with them
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #99
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
Telling me what 'I should have done' isn't going to change anything..... Oh well... I am still waiting to hear from them.. Prove it to me I am wrong and I will ADMIT I am wrong.

Here he states he will admit he was wrong if he needed too.

Quote:
Thanks for clearing it up, I was wrong, you may not presently support voids, but that IMO was down right wrong and could have been very serious as many others think also.

Yes, you were wrong. You owned up to it and stated you opinion that you feel that what they were doing was wrong. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Okay, I WAS WRONG on NERD supporting voids and saying they do so, I truely sorry to KAra and Kevin. Yes I should have contacted them first, as we all know being up late at night does help us make good choices. I am also sorry for aounding cocky as someone has mentioned.
He is David again saying he was worng and apologizing for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
There is a very important lesson to be learned here. When you make accusations about people it is YOUR responsibility to prove your own accusations to be true. Not ours.
Another example as to why he was confronted at the beginning of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirenofthestorm
So wait, there's no concern at all over kids free handling voids in the hot forum? At all? Wow.

(And by the way, just in advance, thanks to anyone who gives me negative reputation points for raising a SAFETY concern about a well known breeder.) *rolls eyes*
Here is where the posts start coming in about safety issues concerning the snakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

I think there is a great deal of concern. The issue thus far had to deal with the way the thread was presented without any facts.

NERD has posted that it could have been done in a better manner and I agree with that whole-heartily. I am personally opposed to Voids and I agree with much of Gary’s post that they should be handled in the same way as hots.

And LOL, Your not accusing someone of something and telling people to go find the proof on their own. So, I would not worry about the rep. point thing.
A post saying that the safety issue was not the first topic discussed. And yet another person voiceing concern about the safety issue at the same time.

Still have yet to see anyone saying they support what was going on in the pictures. Let's keep rolling on in the thread shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirenofthestorm
Honestly, I think the pics speak for themselves. The question that pops into my head just by looking at the pics is "Wow, those are either hots or voids. And is either one really appropriate in that situation?"

Now yes, this thread should have a different TITLE, but a poor choice of words should not have overshadowed the content of the thread. How a bunch of self respecting adults let that little nugget slip by them for 8 pages is beyond me. I'm sorry guys, this is not debate school, this is a board for a hobby that gets more bad press than good press, and arguing about the semantics of how an argument was made is kinda bypassing the core issue IMO.
This in my opinion was a great post. However some people don't follow the same procedures as others when they read a thread for the first time. Everyone is going to see a diffrent core topic in some posts. Thats just the way it is.

Quote:
I still feel I was jumped on a bit too harshly, yes I could have presented my post better but some of you like to protect 'big names' and many people can see this its not just me. Yes I may be young but I can hold my own and it does not automaticly deem me a lesser on the forums than any of you. I am glad to see people are finally coming out of the wood works on this. Many of you act less mature than me at times. But I am done now...
Perhaps you were, perhaps you weren't. I don't remeber seeing anyone post you were lesser than anyone else. You opinions hold just as much weight as anyone elses. Sometimes people will agree with your actions and sometimes they won't. Although now that you seem to have a little back up your attitude certainly has changed from the one that was addmitting his mistakes at the start of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
And about context....this has really been eating at me. Under what conceivable context would photos of children petting cobras be acceptable? A picture says a 1000 words. That may be cliche' but it fits here. Just the mere fact that they held such an event and then posted photos on their website...no "context" can downplay the horror of such a scene.
WHERE DID ANYONE SAY IT WAS ACCEPTABLE????

Quote:
They are just mobbing me to protect NERD, you do not need the context for those photos I was surprised when they asked for it.

Theres the change we were seeing. Want to retract your apolgies now?

Quote:
BTW... Thanks for all the good comments and back up from everyone through posts, PM's, and Emails. It is a bit rough on young person that is passionate about reptiles to go through stuff such as bashing and belittling from people you are supposed to be able to look up to.
Trust me David, you were not bashed. You got nothing more than a flesh wound on this topic. Your passion is enough to drive you onto bigger and better things. However your passion is just might have been what you were trying to do when YOU let's say started "bashing" NERD over the pictures taken at one of their events. Also I never once read anywhere about having to look up to people on this site. Sounds like a personal issue to me.

And for the record I am not defending NERD. If I ran over a member of NERD with my car I wouldn't have a clue who they were. I am opposed to voids being around children just as I am pythons and constrictors. All are deadly in their own way. Some more than others but still deadly.

What I am opposed to is people starting threads by using an opinion as fact. That is where all the "open ended" opinions start trouble because there is no fact behind anything said.