FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I've got EGGS!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #52
cahac
Eggs

Matt,
Anything new with your girl! about an hr after i posted last night, mine was digging away in the tub, then she stopped and went into her hiding box, got real quiet for a while and when i checked on her 1/2 hr later she was in the process of laying there. i just put a scoop of vermiculite in the box and when she finished she covered them with that, . got 22 this time . She seems to be back to normal today,
cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Well, I'm officially getting worried about this girl. When I got home last night, I only had the one slug/infertile egg. Today she dug a lot, but nothing. Once I started to put her in a warm bath and she reacted violently, puffed her face and made her beard dark. After a few minutes of letting her calm down, I attempted again. This time she whipped me with her tail and I chose not to stress her anymore. I'm sure she can't be comfortable being picked up!

As of now, she is still in her lay box, but just going to sleep (it's that time anyway, but I'm also sure that she's worn out). I know snakes can become eggbound. How likely is it for beardies?? Of course I'm asking this on Friday night; my vet won't be back 'til Monday!