FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #295
Robert Potts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
To everyone who says that the only coercion for a higher dollar animal came from Sean

The section in Bold above sure sounds like he was trying to squeeze a far more expensive animal out of the situation than he was entitled to.

That said, Andrew is 100% in the wrong for not making it right. However, I don't necessarily agree with the majority's opinion on what "making it right" means.

Unless specific TOS were agreed on beforehand, the remedy (cash refund, replacement or credit towards another animal is generally up to the seller. Kevin bought a snake with particular genetics for a breeding program. A replacement with identical genetics was available. It was also offered as a replacement and refused. Again, unless specific Terms were set up in advance, that remedy is well within industry standards

I also find it somewhat unlikely that Kevin was unaware and not involved in the emails sent by his moronic buddies. I draw that conclusion based on the fact that the email copied above asks for the same animal they demanded in their emails.

My last comment is that a replacement animal could still be sent to a neutral third party in the buyers area and transferred to him after receipt. I have no doubt that the shipping errors caused the death and Andrew definitely needs to make the buyer whole. A replacement animal would do exactly that

Just my opinion
Kevin will get a replacement 2011 male OT Hytec Parahet. Andrew