FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ohiorats.com Rod Surber RatmanRod
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
jsmi983
Actually, not at all. The first time I bought from him, I didn't know what he fed them and didn't realize they had the mites because I had called him and told him I was on my way and I wanted them gassed. So when I picked them up, hewas putting them in bags. When I thawed them tofed, I noticed the mites and threw all of them away. I did not feed them. BTW, I am still pretty new to some of this. The second time, I was so desperate and took another chance. No one in my area had ANY rats and since my husband had been ill, my snakes really needed to eat. So I went and bought some more, this time live. I was in a hurry and just grabbed some. That's when I found out what he fed them cause I went in and saw all the old bread in their cages and asked him. He said he goes and gets it by the vanful. When I got home, I called a friend of mine and it turned out he was going to Columbus and I asked him to pick some up from the show, which I oredered over the phone and he brought them back to me. I checked the live ones I had and they also had mites along with 5 gerbils I bought. So we gassed them and threw them away again. There was no falling out at all. I took a chance and was hoping the first time was because they were all gassed or something and the second time was the last time. The friend of mine that brought my rats from Columbus had told me the same thing had happened to some of his friends and local stores.

The only reason I posted this was because I noticed that he started putting ads here as he hadn't before and people need to know. I did NOT feed any of those ras to my snakes. They went in the trash. In this area, for some reason, it can be difficult to located rats, especially larger ones. I have since gone frozen and I think my husband is happier about that since we don't have to care for the ones that are left over. Anyway, that's what happened for anyone that lives in the area.