FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rattlesnake Wranglers, Armed With Gasoline
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
acheela
I think we should have a feral cat roundup, to thin out the population of unwanted cats. I did go to the Sweetwater roundup, but it was to try to obtain any accidentally captured bullsnakes. I was walking through the event looking for the guy in charge to talk to him about the bulls, and was surprised to see they were letting people pay to kill, and skin snakes, and they had a big wall where people could pay to put their bloody hand prints on, and sign their name and date it. I couldn't help but think, the only reason they are getting away with this is because their victims are snakes. If the roundup had been directed towards cats, every bleeding heart animal activist group would have been all over it. Don't get me wrong, I know the roundup has its place, just like dog pounds, and horse slaughter houses, but the events going on in there were pretty brutal even for an old naturalist like myself. The sheer number of snakes that come in every year is astronomical. Makes you wonder how over run we would be if all those snakes were free to reproduce.