FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Eastern DiamondBack Rattlesnake's
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #101
TOsage
I can agree to disagree Barry but the name calling is unnecessary. As I said, nothing personal. You may not believe it but my intent in posting my opinion was to assure any young or inexperience person who came along this thread would be able to read both sides before attempting to handle hots. I cherish my venomous collection so much that I would not risk a bite and the potential of having family and friends on me to get rid of them. I understand risking your life but I don't want to risk my hobby. There is no need to free handle venomous snakes, it's no more enjoyable than any other snake, pretty much the same although all species and individuals have their own quirks. There is never a good reason to have any part of your body within the striking distance of a venomous snake. Any time a venomous snake has an opportunity to bite it's because the handler is taking an unnecessary risk and intentionally putting his/her life in danger. We can argue all day whether that decision is stupid or not, it depends on your personal priorities and how much value you give your life/well-being. But I doubt anyone could make a convincing argument as to why someone should free handle venomous snakes. So Barry, what is the point of this thread? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious.