FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Has anyone gotten whites tree frogs from Kevin m Goerger
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
Hello all. Newbie foggy enthusiast here.
Always nice to have another frog lover around.

Quote:
I have successfully owned and cared for my GTP's but changed directionsand now happily have BP's.
I LOVE and want a GTP, but, I am scared to take the "plunge". Can I ask why you changed direction?

Quote:
I recently fell in love with Whites tree frogs ( I am familiar with their care as its similar to my GTP's)
I have found Litoria caerulea, to be extremely easy to keep. Do you mean GTP's are that easy to keep ? If so, PLEASE, tell me your secrets?!?!

Quote:
and am now greedily looking into getting a small collection to call my own.
I love how you say greedily searching. Since, that is how I feel about getting various species of frogs for my collection too.

Quote:
my problem is.... that im at lost where to buy CB reliable frogs.
Yes, I have noticed, it is not as easy a species to source as years ago. I would recommend Josh's Frog. Have a look at there website:https://www.joshsfrogs.com. This is the section, that, you are probably most interested in:https://www.joshsfrogs.com/animals-f...ree-frogs.html.

Quote:
I stubbled on KNMGs post but I believe hes connected with underground reptiles
I have heard that from various sources. Can I ask why you say that? I am NOT saying you are wrong. But, I have heard VARIOUS explanations for the above statement.

Quote:
which has had well...mixed reviews depending on who you ask.
That is a very diplomatic/polite way to say it.

Quote:
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Snakesatsunset maybe?
I do not know enough about them and or have purchased from them personally. So, unfortunately, I can NOT advise you on them, as a reliable source.

Quote:
if not ill go with my gut feelings and order from Joshs Frogs to be safe.
I have only purchased one specimen from them, many years ago, but, I was very satisfied with it.

Quote:
I realize this is a long post for such a simple frog but id rather do this here then have vet related bills or disappointment in the future. thanks in advance.
Do not worry about it. All posts are good. My post, is way longer then your post.

I do not think it matters what species it is. Simple or complex, since, as you pointed out, they can all cause disappointment and high vet bills!