FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy CB Reptile problems.
Thread: Bad Guy CB Reptile problems.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
makkatfloof
Thumbs down CB Reptile problems.

Hi, I’m a chameleon owner from Chameleon Forums that was told to take my story about this business to this page. My name is MaKellee Doty.
For years, I have wanted a chameleon. Finally, in March, I got all the things I needed to get a chameleon. After looking at many breeders, I decided to order from CB Reptile.
The first thing was that my chameleon came in three days late. No explanation as to why after multiple emails, phone calls, and messages to the page on Facebook. Finally, I get a message the night he is sent saying they aren’t in business on the weekends, which is previously against what their website said. That was strike one.

Strike two: my chameleon comes in with no info on him and major bacterial eye infection that costed an extra $500 to clear up. I sent them an email complaining about this. Another FEW DAYS LATER, I get a response only offering a coupon to the website and saying their “on site biologist” said none of the chameleons had this infection. This specific infection could have only been spread from chameleon to chameleon (I ordered him as a little guy so he wasn’t separated from his siblings yet).
If you go on the website, absolutely no info on this said “biologist” let alone any info on their facility in general or any pictures of it. I called and requested info on this “biologist” to get no response. They also offer no info on lineage or who the sites are of the chameleons

Weeks later, more and more reviews kept coming out on Facebook and Chameleon forums of other buyers complaining about the same exact eye issue and then getting the same treatment.

Someone else on chameleon forums did some more looking into this place. Not only did they find that CB Reptile is a wholesale seller. Basically a mill for reptiles. So not the “designer captive bred” they preach about having. Basically another Backwater or LL.

Luckily, I had an amazing vet that actually specialized in chameleons and was able to save my boys life. The infection got so bad so quickly that he was puking up everything, including his own stomach acid and was on his death bed when he was taken into the vets care.

If I can keep getting the word out about this in any way possible, I will and that’s why I am here. This “breeder” is a new and upcoming business, so when I ordered, they seemed to be amazing. Please make sure you do your research and consider an older, long running breeder with high ratings.
Watch out for this place. It’s sketchy.