FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
spyder79
first off i was not directing my comment specifically at you though it seems you took it as such. I was making a broad statement. And your weight reference for a single dragon that bloodbank had is just my point. That is what the only one you have heard of that big. Years ago the average was 450-500grams and 20+ inches and it has slowly went further and further down to where now many people have full grown "healthy" adults that are 16 inches and in the 300 gram range. I do not think I have seen a single trans break into the 20" range as of yet and that is due to the translucent gene (just as this witblit/silverback gene and the leather gene) are actual genetic deformities that breeders have decided to purposely keep alive for reproduction cause it will make them a few extra bux. You know that as well as I do. Nature would not allow animals such as this to live, natural selection would kill them off soon after hatching because they are genetically inferior. Your post was in no way a flame it just shows your difference of opinion. Goes back to a PM you and me exchanged where I said I never plan to breed trans or leathers and you said that you have to stay with the times. I personally think there will always be a place for large bodied nicely colored "normals" as they are called and the miniturized "designer morphs" will be the ones the eventually go back to taking the back burner.