FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #102
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Ok I talked to the person that got the ticket for the Scarlet. He was informed of this thread and should post on here to clarify things himself but from what I got from our conversation this is what happened.

Earlier this year a man approached Him at on of the West Palm Shows to see if he was interested in purchasing Scarlets. He said yes and they set up a meeting.

When they met he asked if the guy had his license to sell animals and the guy replied no. Supposedly he then told him I can not purchase them from you if you do not have your license but told him that if he gave the animals to him he would give him $25 to obtain his license so that next time there would be no problems with him purchasing from him and also offered him $15 for gas because it was supposedly a long drive to the meeting place.

Well then the same person showed up at the show this past Sat and approached the buyer again. He again asked did you get your license? HE replied no and the buyer said then I can not purchase form you without it.

Well From what was said to me supposedly when he told the UC during he first meeting me must have worded it incorrectly on why he was giving money to him and the conversations was recorded via a body wire. The UC issued him a citation for that prior incident at the show. Supposedly before he found out the person was a UC officer the UC officer was trying to see if anyone wanted to purchase "HOTS" without licenses.

Also after the citation was issued I guess he was told that the citation had no fine to pay but rather had to go to court over it but if he wanted to get rid of the citation he could let the UC officer know of anyone dealing in "HOTS" that was not licensed and he could inform them of anyone dealing in the illegal Indigo trade.

Now I can not guarantee any accuracy on this story but this is what was told to me by the receiver of the citation. I can see them trying to get information on anyone participating in the illegal trade of our Indigos but this seems a little excessive to go to all this trouble.