FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info DLibby, Sam Sundberg, and Backwater reptiles
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #8
Socratic Monologue
I guess when I first asked for "Sam"'s name and address -- I meant street address -- I was concerned that someone (Dlibby) might be impersonating someone else (presumably you used PP 'goods and services', so there would've been a physical address listed that could be used to confirm that the person at issue is in fact Sam Sundberg). That has happened here before -- a relative nobody impersonating someone well-known.

After not much research at all, though, I realized that there is no reason to doubt that Sam Sundberg is indeed the person who you dealt with, and who is attempting to scam you.

I'm not certain about all the official wording in PP's buyer protection. Is a package that is transferred by hand covered under that protection? It might be worth looking into, whether searching PP's website or contacting PP directly to ask.

Certainly the fact that the claim is made so long after the transaction, coupled with Sam's primary allegation about the size of the animals (which could've been dealt with at delivery), should be enough to defend against Sam's completely fictitious complaint, but every angle might well be pursued just in case.