FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dwarf boa(cay caulker) Size Difference
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
yoshi0988
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
It can happen, boas grow mainly based on their feeding schedule, both how often and how large of the food. A baby boa started on mouse fuzzies and only moved up to adult mice, fed once every 2 or so weeks, will be MUCH smaller and grow much slower than a baby boa stared on rat fuzzies and moved up to small rats fed every week for instance.
A boa started slow (either with really spaced out feedings or food on the smaller size) will still reach a 'normal' adult size it can just take a few extra years.

I personally prefer the slow growth and most of my boas are on the smaller size. Boas continue to grow their entire lives regardless of locality.

I would probably be a little concerned with the 2013 animal being so small and you may want to try to get more info from the breeder about what and how often she was fed. Regardless though, she *should* still reach a normal size over time unless there is a parasite issue going on.

Good luck with them!
Thank you for your insight.
far as what breeders have told me, 2013 female has been fed no more then once every 2-3wk with which ever was availiable, mice, rat, live, or f/t. 2016s have been feeding on small f/t mice once every 3 wk if not once a month.
So forth...2013, older but smaller girl has been fed with more frequent schedule actually, if what breeder stated is true.
I don't mind her being small, actually I prefer it that way, just wanted to have concrete idea what could cause such a phenomenon
Now I won't be over feeding her either just to put some size on her, since yet again...i prefer her to stay small since that was most appealing reason for me to get these guys in first place.
I'll try to put some picture up too later.
They are the adorlablest thing in the world for me.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk