FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dwarf boa(cay caulker) Size Difference
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
yoshi0988
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
146g is not a normal weight for a 4 year old boa constrictor of any locality. That's my opinion. Did you know she was that small before buying her? Is shel active? Has she fed for you? I'd recommend speaking to the breeder about her feeding habits and weight at birth, as well as getting a fecal sample to your vet to rule out parasites. With an animal that small I'd want to rule out underfeeding, poor appetite, failure to thrive and parasites.
Thank you.
Those are very good, straight to the point pointers I could do.
Seller did told me before the purchase that she is still very tiny where her parents were pretty small too.
These guys are second smallest bci's only beaten by tarahumara mt. Bci's. (Maybe crawl cays too but not sure..)
I have been advised full adults will be anywhere between 4-5ft with slender body with girth of only little thicker then broom stick. (Male being smaller ofcourse)

Now her temperament is just perfect, little head shy sometime but mostly very calm and super curious. Very active, always venturing around her new cage at night.

I think the biggest thing that playing a role with me at the moment is, I never gotten to see the actual adult of these guys in person.

As you advised, I'll try to talk to seller some more for any additional info.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk