FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics.....
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 07:45 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Thumbs down Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics.....

A couple of weeks ago, Todd had advertised on KS that he had a female Borneo Blood python for sale/trade. I was looking for a female Borneo and I had some colubrids I wanted to move, so I contacted him about a possible deal....we agreed to trade the '02 Female Borneo Blood for 1.1 2003 Cal Kings and 1.1 2003 Chinese Beauty Snakes. I shipped first in the deal. He received the snakes on 11/21/03 as scheduled. They arrived in perfect condition. He shipped out the Blood on the following Monday. I had him ship the blood to a close friend of mine's house because I would not be there to receive the package. The blood arrived sometime in the AM on Tuesday. We do not know when the package arrived exactly because he used Airbourne Express, which does not have a sign-for-the-package policy. The delivery man just dropped off the snake....it was in the 30s here in Louisville, KY that day.....

Not a big problem, had the snake been packaged properly. Todd put the SMALL heat pack on the bottom of the box, where it could get no oxygen or release any heat AT ALL. The snake was WITHOUT HEAT for the whole time it was in transit from Palm Beach, FL to Louisville. Well, when my friend opened the package, she called me at work and explained there was a few problems......

1-the snake was ice cold, due to the improper shipping....still alive but COLD.
2-the snake had an obvious injury on its back due to who-knows-what.

Here are some pics of the injury and of the heat pack:

I called and e-mailed Todd and informed him of the situation. Here is what he said in his e-mail (he said pretty much the same thing on the phone):

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 3:39 PM
From: "Todd Seadorf" <tourx3@bellsouth.net> Add to Address Book
To: dcbear01
Subject: RE: Snakes on the way!
David,
First let me apologize.......
As for the delivery, we both need to file a complaint with Airborne
express.
In the past with shipping the 1 heat pack has always been sufficient as
long as the snakes have gotten in out of the cold and not left on the
door step. This was an unforeseen issue on my part.
As for the respiratory problem, and the sore. When I shipped her she was
CLEAN, there were no visible marks on her, that I give you my word. I
can not explain how she got it. When I get any snake whether it be
import or CB I flagel and baytril them all, just to be on the safe side.
I also make sure all are eating at least twice.
If there were ANY problems I would have informed you in advance. This concerns me greatly and I am also VERY upset about this; I don't
like anyone to get shafted.
I hope we can work this out and I can keep your trust. I am in the process of packing to go out of town on vacation for the
Holiday.
Please let me know

Todd and Patrick Seadorf
561-433-8813
Palm Beach Exotics

This was the last time I heard from Todd. I have sent him several e-mails since then and he has not responded to any of them.

To top it all off, because of being exposed to the cold for so long, the Blood has developed a nasty respiratory infection that is being treated now....I am having to pay out of pocket for the vet expenses ($77.40 as of now). He has made no effort to repay me for the vet bills or make any kind of reparation for his mistakes.

I suggest that you do not do business with Todd Seadorf in the future.