FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics.....
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
ldydrgn
I just wanted to state for the record that it was my husband (Donnie Smith aka Morti) and myself that received the Borneo for David. David had called to ask whether or not she had arrived yet, and I told him that there has been no knock.... Donnie asked what carrier, then ran to the door when I told him. He opened the door and said, "I was afraid of that."

She was VERY cold so I had Donnie place her on my bare legs to warm her up while we looked her over. The wound wasn't real fresh, maybe a few days old. Donnie would have to clarify that point. Her breath was a little rattly and she had a small amount of fluid coming from her nostrils when she exhaled. When David came to get her, I instructed him to get her home and get her WARM! He then made a vet appointment for her shortly thereafter.

We are also the ones that are helping him adminster the Baytril injections since she is as strong as a horse and bucks like one! LOL Don't worry, we are experienced in treating sick animals and know all about Baytril. I am actually going to have David bring her here to stay for the rest of her treatment so as to lessen the stress on her. Hopefully we can get a stool sample while she is here so Donnie can check it for parasites. David was also given silver sulfadiazine cream for the wound and it seems to be helping quite a bit.

David, I hope Todd does the right thing and pays for the vet visit. Since he is out of town now, we will just have to wait and see.