FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fat People
Thread: Fat People
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 09:21 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Cause of obesity=eating too much.
Not always.

Pretty ignorant viewpoint you have there, but I suppose that you're entitled to an opinion. Just don't be surprised if nobody with a brain respects it.

If the physical appearance of others is such a concern for you, perhaps you should consider... not looking at other people and not placing yourself into a situation where you will be able to see others. You really have nobody to blame for looking except yourself.

What DOES bother me when it comes to weight issues (and other health issues... and even some issues which are linked only in what they have become rather than the root cause) is what they have come to represent in modern American society. The very few individuals who start and/or participate in class action lawsuits against fast food companies, alchohol companies, tobacco companies... blaming outside sources for their own problems, THAT bothers me. I really wish for a return to a time when people could do just about anything they wanted if the only one affected was themselves... and they would put the blame squarely where it belongs. In this day and age anyone who doesn't know that fast food isn't healthy, that tobacco can cause cancer (among other things), that coffee is supposed to be hot and that driving while drunk will eventually cause a lot of damage has serious brain injuries and should really get those figured out before suing everyone in sight because they decided to make some poor choices when it came to their own health.

This is really a beef with the ease at which absurd litigation can be undertaken rather than the underlying problems however. I know that my own physical appearance is far enough from the ideal that any criticism of others on that score would simply be hypocritical and idiotic... Much like j tyler's statements have proven to be.