FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fat People
Thread: Fat People
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #10
j tyler
How can you possilbly not judge someone by their looks? Looks are an intrinsic part of you. It makes no sense to suppose that there is a 'special' character tucked away some place that should be the only thing you judge people by. Further more just because someone is a good person does not entail that you should like them. Lots of good people may have no personality etc.There are also 'bad' people that we may value highly. For instance the really great artist who happens to be nasty towards his peers and family.

If you are in a public space and there are, say 25 people, and you are told to pick one to meet and that you will have to spend a great deal of time with that person, and that you only have 30 min. to determine who to choose, which person will you opt for?
I would say: since you don't have enough time to get to know the people in the selection group choose the one you think is most attractive. I assume everyone is a good character until proven otherwise, therefore I will make an initial choice based on looks.
The same in "real life". It takes a long time to get to 'know' someone; therefore make your initial choice based on looks and hope for the best.