FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What causes bites?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 02:01 AM   #23
Alabamafan2
my close calls

The worst close call I have had to date was a near miss from a rather large King Brown. I was keeping a pair of them for a friend of mine and he gave them to me in a small sweater box. I had to take them out to seperate them and put them in some decent caging. You know what happens next. The top comes off. The two snakes head in opposite directions. I hook one and tail the other as quickly as possible. I place the hooked one back in the box just in time to see the tailed one coming around mouth wide open. I pull back just a touch and his head misses my forearm by about a quarter of an inch. Not a lot of fun.

I had a large Canebrake pull a sandal off my foot. I know. I know. Why was I handling in sandals? Stupidity comes in many forms.

One time I pulled a baby Gaboon out of a bag barehanded at Hamburg. That wasn't fun. There's a reason to mark down. Opening bags that someone else packed and mislabeled. There's nothing in the world more disconcerting than looking into the palm of your hand expecting to see a boa and instead you have a handful of slow, painful death.

I've got several more but I'm tired of typing now.