FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Super dwarf retic question
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
Big Borg Reptiles
Super dwarf retic question

I'm very new to retics and am still trying to figure out breeding because I'm super excited about it.

I purchased a 50% super dwarf sunfire het anery female that I was told was around 4 years old. The problem is, she's only 6 feet long. From my understanding, the 50% super dwarfs should be pushing closer to 10 feet when they're at breeding size, but I would think after 4 years she would definitely be at sexual maturity. I was told that her dad only hit 5' full grown, and I trust the breeder.

I wonder if maybe the breeder got mixed up on the age, or maybe they just weren't feeding her every week? Would that cause a snake to stay this much smaller? My main concern is that I don't want to pair her with a male if she's too small, she's my baby and I don't want anything to happen to her. I've had her for about 3 months and feed her every week but haven't noticed any growth.

Also, what would be a good morph to breed with the sunfire? I'm obviously going to grab a dwarf anery combo male, but what sunfire and sunfire anery combos sell well/look cool? I was thinking to try for a super sunfire but would love any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help!