FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - West Texas June 2 through ???
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
old guy
Lunar phase and opts out

From my reading of the other web site, a lot/few are postponing till Aug and early Sept. Why ? I don't know but the consensus is on no rain and drought of west Texas in which depending on what story you believe, has been going on for years and has not effected in my opinion finding. I have seen the Rio few times on past where you could literately walk across where there were just puddles but this is also due to the flood gates of the upper Rio in New Mexico. The problem is whether waiting for rain and maybe gas prices comedown, there is no proof of either of happening or even worse conditions of both. The NEW MOON actually is coming up this next week and the first quarter the time you are consider of going. So it would be one of the better windows for approximate 3 week period. Leading up to the no moon ( now ) and the week of the no moon ( the last week of this month ) and when sppeavy is planning ( the back side of the no moon ). Also depending where some of you are planning on going, it looks like the eastern part of the Trans-Pecos might be congested ( 277 out of Del Rio, Juno Road, Langtry, Sanderson 90 highway ) compared to south of Alpine ( 118 ), Davis Mountains, 170 to River Road, Black Gap. So it might be advantageous to hunting the west.