FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What happened to BOI????
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #72
big daddy's wholesal
New look means new life

Michael I simply made an offer to put my money where my mouth is. I know several people who would be willing to spend hundreds and even thousands to see a site like I will refer to below. The numbers speak for themselves. Why after several attempts by Rich aren't the masses giving 5-20 dollars to keep this alive. It is simply that they would rather loose the benifits from the site rather than support the continued bullcrap that goes on. I have people emailing and calling me offering to contribute money to me to use for purchasing the site. When a man sends me an email stating I will give 500-1000 dollars toward you buying the site to see chages made, that speaks volumes. Told you the silence is speaking.
So you probably ask what would I do.
I would make the site more like ebay, Giving a rating system that a buyer could credit or discredit a seller. I would make the transaction between buyer and seller for their eyes only. The only thing the public would see is the rating that the buyer gave the seller. This would eliminate anyone who has never purchased from a seller from being able to leave them positive or negative ratings. The ratings would be publically listed and viewed like the rating your local restaurant gets and has to display in plain site. On a side note there would be an opportunity for each person to register who they are with all their contact information. This way if person A bought something from person B and was unhappy. Once you viewed the rating that was given and you were thinking of purchasing from person B but wanted to know why the buyer was unhappy with the deal you could contact them and find out their side of the story and contact the buyer and find out theirs as well then decide what you were going to do. This way no one is at liability for anything said because the negative feedback was from the actual buyer to the seller and not a sounding board for everyone and their brother to blast on. To protect the buyer using the site we would have a standard that if you fall below a certain rating your ability to post for sale items would be banned for 30 days to perminantly depending on a percentage of problems with your overall number of sales. Who would you like to do business with someone who had a rating of 98 and sold 138 sales or the person who has a 73 rating and has had 27 sales. Math and odds are easy for me. Also to protect the buyers and sellers on the site when a scammer is found, there should be a page that contains all their information. Oh almost forgot to keep people from registering under rip van winkle and care bear names you will go through a verification process to be allowed access. This will be a problem for some but the people who want a safe site to conduct professional business at will not mind. Only someone who is worried about screwing someone over will be bothered by this process. I am sure other ideas will come to mind as days folow but these are a few that I have been thinking on for a while now.
Allen Belcher 706-615-4772