FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Shipped @ 71-76 deg. Received @ 85-91 deg. Good temps to send a snake?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
Salton Sea
Shipped @ 71-76 deg. Received @ 85-91 deg. Good temps to send a snake?

I have received a few snakes by carrier but never at such high temps. Can anyone offer some advice if a high of 90 degrees is too extreme to receive a snake? The temps here next week are going to be 85-91 degrees and I am going to ask the snakes be held at the carrier depot so that I may pick them up instead of bouncing around in a hot truck all day but I am still a little worried.

Also I imagine that the temps are probably going to be a little cold when being transported through air, but do you think that it's safe enough to ask for the shipper to leave the heat pack out? I received an animal last week with a heat pack and it was around 80-82 degrees that day, the animal appeared no worse for the wear and is doing fine. The snakes are a North American desert species so they should stand up to the heat a little better than other tropical animals.

Any advice would be appreciated as to whether I should be genuinely concerned. Thanks.