FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Georgia state law issues
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 10:13 PM   #51
tdeppen
Exclamation

would contacting the local news groups help get some out side intrestes? just a thought, the more people that know about it the better chance there is to have more people sign a petition on the matter. i think that damien is right, we need to do some more reserch on every bodys part and it will probly cost alot of money.

just my opion, but, i dont think that collecting from the wild is that great. reason is that when people go collect, they get hooked and soon they want to breed them, and to breed you need more females than males. if you take to many females out of the wild you get a endangered animal. if we are going to go throught with this we must think of the conservation of the wild population also along with captive breeding projects.

prices for the permits should be enought that not just any body who wants to get a EDR could just pay 25 bucks and have a hot snake leagely. i know of tomany stupid people who "would love to get a cobra". you can keep hot snakes and no one know about it, but if you get bit, head line news.

thad