FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pro Venomoids
Thread: Pro Venomoids
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #9
Mustangrde1
Quote:
As far as the pain they must endure, and the ethics of the procedure: veterinarians do ear cropping, dew claw removal, tail docking, and feline claw removals all the time.
All procedures that are disfiguring the natural state of an animal. The Declawing of cats is a major soar point with me. Try removing the ends of your fingers and see how it feels. No insult but thats what it would be like for a human.

Quote:
Many of these procedures can and are performed without anesthesia.
Can but would be very painful and against medical standards and laws.

Quote:
I'm not saying that producing venomoids are okay. I'll never own a venomoid. I'm just saying that maybe it is safer than a hot.
Actually its not true they are in fact more of a danger as I pointed out before. If a person is keeping a true hot fully intact they know the precautions that are needed to prevent bites from occurring and most hot keepers have full Post bite protocals in place in the event it may happen.

A venomoid you can never be certain about and unfortunately many who own them like to play with them bare handed which can if the surgery was not perfect lead to a venomous HOT bite. So they are actually more of a danger.

To prevent any 3rd party bite most responcible keepers maintain their hot rooms as escape proof. It is simple to escape proof a room. 1 days work and a trip to Home Depot and you can easily do it.

There are far more dangerous creatures to keep as pets then a hot snake. Like Dogs, Cats and Horses to name but a few. THE CDC statistics proves that beyound any resonable doubt.