FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #139
hboyles66
I think the point of this thread is not whether or not IBD is how IBD is spread as it id about how Ashley did not use proper quarantine proceedures before intorducing a new animal into her collection. By not doing do it could have possibly containminated her whole collection. When she got the test results back she should have gone on lock down. Nothing in and nothing out. That is what everyone else has or should do if they have a even close scare with IBD. IMO of course. She was proved in a few contadictions and people should be aware of this if just to let everyone know that she is somewhat reckless in her proccedures. I realize that not everyone is perfect but we all know that IBD should be taking with caution as we don't have enough clear facts to say one diagnosis for sure. She said she had a confirmed case of IBD but still continued to sell snakes out of the same collection that the IBD confirmed snake came from. That shows carelessness. Later she was called out and said the first vets finding could have been wrong only after she was called out. That is a little suspicious. She also has had other snakes die in the same collection where she said IBD was found. That should send up a red flag to her to stop bringing in or selling any animals until she can make sure her collection is okay. I am in no way saying her collection is sick but I strongly believe she should stop vending shows and selling animals and taking in others animals until she has a good amount of time without incident in her collection and can have test to help clear her collection. Am I correct in that assumption? I keep a strict quarantine room that is sanitized and cleaned weekly and all snakes are kept in that room for 6 months before goinf into my personnal collection. It does take longer to make my snake room look good but it keeps any diseases and or problems away from the snakes I breed or sell. Ashley you should do the right thing and stop buying and selling snakes until you can clearly provide proof that there are no issues in your snake room.