FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 12:54 AM   #124
jnsreptiles
I have to agree with Lynn. I live close to her and have seen all of her stock, including ALL of her breeders. I myself have several bearded dragons that my wife and I breed. We sell the highest quality animals as holdbacks, and the rest at market value. If Lynn says one of her animals is a holdback, and it is priced more, It is well worth it. Lynn has been around longer than most breeders out there, including myself, and like I said before, I am honored to have some of her dragons in our breeding collection. I do not understand the difference in "breeder quality and holdback quality". All my holdbacks are holdbacks for one reason or another. Whether it is because of size or color or pattern, there is reason for all holdbacks. "Breeder quality" animals is just another word for holdbacks that the original breeder can't keep for one reason or another. Maybe they have too many males, and now the males they have for sale are breeders??? Ok, I am going to go on a soap box now and hope I don't piss off too many people. If I do, oh well, you all have my email. Let me have it if I do. In the bearded dragon world, all the morph names are crap! They are all made up. Unlike the Ball python world, where you breed a pastel male to a normal female and receive both normals and pastels, the bearded dragon world is full of a bunch of made up names. I could breed my male red dragon I got from Kakadu to a Crawley female and call it a sunfirexspitfirexcrawleyxchrisallenxredflamexblood xsandfirexsunburnedxetc.xetc.xetc. Or I could just call it a Smith's Red holdback, "breeder quality". Then next week, when it sell's for $500, wow, looky here, I got another "breeder quality" Smith's Red for $500 and so on and so on. The point I am trying to make is, all bearded dragons are worth something, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is a $500 dragon to you, may only be worth $50 to me, and vice versa. If you are looking for quality dragons, go to the reputable breeders. I back all my dragons with 100% satisfaction, and I will back all of Lynn's dragons too. Like I said, Lynn has some really nice dragons, some of the best on the market. Next time you are looking to spend $500 on animals, let either me or Lynn know. I guarantee you will receive atleast 2 or 3 dragons you can be proud of and boast to others about.