FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry MJC Serpents...
Thread: Inquiry MJC Serpents...
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #86
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
Mindy is 18. I don't know why she's using those terms with regard to the store. Perhaps she thinks it will make people take her more seriously? Honestly, though, what's the big deal about that? She impressed the store owner and he offered to bring her into his shop to develop the reptile section. She gets paid a percentage when an animal from the "MJC Serpents section" is sold. It's a nice opportunity for her. She enjoys it and they enjoy having her.
Mindy's experience and husbandry practices with reptiles aside, it is a huge freaking deal when one claims to be a business partner, which implies ownership and responsibility, when one is either working as an employee of a business taking a commission of sales, or acting as a reseller/distributor for another business. The buyer needs to know who has ownership, care, custody, and control of the animal being offered for sale, and who is ultimately on the hook to make things right if there is a problem. From what I've seen in her ads there's nothing to differentiate between sales of her personal collection versus the those at the shop where she works.

Or to put it another way, suppose there's a company out there named "Craptastic Reptiles R Us" which is on my "never ever buy from or sell an animal to them because their reputation sucks moldy ball python eggs". Let's also say that someone works there as an employee, and advertises their animals under his own clean name, and purchases his employer's stock to flip. As a buyer, if I see the employee's ad, purchase from him, and it gets shipped to my door, the excrement will hit the fan when I ultimately find out the source of that animal - and word will get out, the reptile world is very, very small.