FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - More advertisers needed.... *Quickly!*
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
jbuncc
i agree that you should charge for classifieds, but i think you need to have different levels of membership for it. i hesitated to pay for kingsnake for almost a year because i have sold about 7 or 8 animals this year (all but 3 of them on here before my kingsnake account and the only reason i purchased it was to sell the animals VERY quickly) and with each one, i thought it was the last. i would recommend a charge for someone wanting to post just one classified (or maybe free??) or two or three, and then after that, they have to pay a set amount for say, five more, or ten more, etc... and then you have an unlimited membership (max 3 a day per forum, i think that's a good idea) for a flat fee. but definitely have a couple different levels for each level of hobbyist/business.

and neil, it's simple, get a new email address that you use for selling animals on this site. then, if someone emails that address, you know it's in response to an ad here. you can even set it up to where you get the email at your current address (a POP server) and when you respond, it will be your regular email address that you respond from. it will just be a way to check the effectiveness of this site's advertising. just a thought. or, you could offer a 5% discount to customers responding to ads from this site. just another thought.

jb