FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Refunding shipping costs?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 03:02 PM   #26
Adam Block
Quote:
Adam.... YOU'RE bitching because YOU didn't get something on time???.... lmao
Neil, PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN MY FRIEND!!

Where did you hear me bitching again? I made a staitment, that I've had packages come late and helped the shipper get a refund. You gotta read the post to respond buddy.

As for the other points. Free shipping is very simple. It's like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't. If I sell a snake on my site for $100 and I say shipping is free. Well, the snake is either $100 or it's not, there's no question.

For the hobbiest fine, do what you want about your shipping. For me, I don't and wouldn't refund shipping. I offer a 6 month promise on ALL the snakes I sell. If you're not happy I'll give you the money back or a new snake. In this case do you think I'm going to pay for shipping 3 times?

Look at many of the rodent places. They charge you a shipping rate based on what you would pay not what they pay. They are making money on shipping. I also charge a flat fee, I charge $39 in the summer and $25 in the winter. I charge a flat fee as shipping can be $16-$35 plus $10 for shipping supplies in the summer. I don't refund when it's less or ask for money when it's more.

My whole point to this is people seem to bring up businesses when it suits them and other points when it doesn't. I would also choose somebody to pay for shipping with their own account number just to make things easy. However, I've never asked for a refund on late packages, I've never had somebody ask and while I see many of the points you're all making I would have to really think about it in a given situation.

As a across the board rule though with both animals and eBay shipping cost are never refunded as it only causes me trouble in the end.

Adam Block