FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #27
Brian Oakley
SO if they cannot guarantee a delivery by "X" time, then they cannot do so with any package.
Maybe this is something we need to address with them.
I think they are more or less saying that delays happen. Being that we are shipping live animals, the delays can be harful to the snake, there for it COULD die or be hurt and they will not be responsible for that. Just like my shipment a couple weeks ago on Delta that missed it's connecting flight AND the next one after that........yet the original flight to the first city arrived on time. If they lose or destroy a package, most likely the end ersult IS a DOA....or at least a dead at this point.

I honestly think these cases will be few and far between. ALL shipping companies have been late (UPS, USPS, Airborne, FedEx, Delta, US Air, and so on). It is just, once a again, part of the gamble one takes when shipping live animals..........nothing more to say about it.

I hear what you are saying, don't get me wrong, but I think we are splitting hairs here. I am not siding with FedEx, but what other avenues do we have? You could go ship Airborne, you will get the same result..no live arrival guarantee, no reimbusment for DOA, etc. You could ship UPS...no live arrival guarantee, no reimbusment for DOA, etc. You could pick any company and the policies will be the same. Nothing has changed here folks. The only thing different is that there is ONE company that WILL ship or snakes, witht the same results and policies as those that will not ship them.