FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #59
Adrya
Thanks, Drew.

I was most devastated by this when I first found out about it and for several months after. For those of you who use RTB.net, that was the reason I had disappeared without a word, when I used to be a very frequent poster. I was mentally numb from it all and I was so incredibly hard on myself for letting something like that get into my collection. I always had the goal and mindset that I would be so careful to never let anything like that happen. I thought I had been careful enough, but apparently you can never be too careful. I'm still hard on myself now but I'm better than I was. It doesn't kill me now to tell you all about this. I think now that whatever happens in my collection from here on out, happens. There isn't anything that I can do about it except to just keep on with my strict protocols within the reptile room to eliminate any contamination between animals as much as possible, even if every one of them is infected. I know that eventually I will lose them all and shedding anymore tears isn't going to help anything.

Basically, quarantine works for everything BUT IBD... so I would say it's best to get new arrivals tested and biopsied while they are in quarantine. And even after testing, keep them in quarantine for at least 6 months or more. With boas, quarantine should probably be at least a year. And at that rate you can't have more than just a few in quarantine at a time. It's just not worth the risk to not be careful enough.