FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - eastern box turtle x-ing
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 11:01 PM   #1
skycock
eastern box turtle x-ing

so it just started raining yesterday around 3 in columbia, sc, while i was off to check one of my copperhead spots-a few weeks ago i found a gravid female which i left there in hopes to pull some more males there. anyways, i take a right out of my neighborhood and find a female eastern box sitting in the middle of the road. two minutes later, i see one just ahead scurrying to get off of the road-another female. not three miles or so down the road-another one-quick mover too-male who had been hit a few years ago but still has real nice colors and will be a good breeder-he attempted to mount both of the females in the front seat floorboard of my blazer on the way home. i take them home and put them in a big tupper-box and call my herpetologist uncle and tell him about it. he tells me he wants to see them and that he is coming over later on. it stopped raining and the sun came out, but just in time for it to start raining again so i couldnt help myself-i went back out and caught two more on the same road-one male and one questionable but i believe it to be female. at least two of the girls are still gravid and the other(s) may be-not a bad day. oh, and the only two snakes i saw were d.o.r. black racers-o well-i was satisfied.