FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help as soon as possible is my snake sick??
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 02:00 AM   #7
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocatlove View Post
okay so i have had my ball python since early September so almost two months
she was fine when i first got her she ate about a week after getting her and it took maybe around a hour because i tried she was un interested and then i left it for about an hour tried again and then she ate within about five mins
she hasn't eaten since...
i have tried countless times during this time and waiting a proper amount of time before trying again
Where did you get the BP from? Do you know what it was eating before you got it? If it was eating mice, have you tried rats/vice versa? What are you/have you tried feeding it?

Quote:
me and her are pretty well bonded she loves faces of nice people so she loves mine
I'm really sorry, but it's a snake. She's at most curious. They don't have the capacity to "love".

Quote:
the reason i am posting is A. she isn't eating B. she started making weird breathing noises? (it sounds like she is shooting air out of her nose not really like a sneeze) C. she only today flipped was looked like she was sleeping then went crazy and started rubbing half of her face on the bedding and then a little on the glass wall D. I picked her up (I let her get out a little to make sure she wants to come out if she doesn't try to escape i won't force her or wake her up unless my dad forces me to he doesn't listen to me so i don't have a choice only happened once) and she has some flaky bits on her nose area which i am wondering is she okay?
A. Snakes for the most part, won't eat in shed. It's about 50/50 on them eating in shed or not.

B. When in shed, they'll sound weird while breathing.

C. Sounds like She's trying to shed. Are you using a thermostat? Are your temps alright? correct humidity and temp are required for them to shed.

D. That might be from the wire top on your fish tank. If she's rubbing on it, it could possibly be messed up from the wire.

Quote:
I don't want to pry open her mouth if i don't absolutely have to i don't want her hating me.
I wouldn't recommend this.

Quote:
I think it could be shed but the only thing I see that is "shedish' about her is the top of her head is kind of grey but that might be from lack of humidity which i need help with i know this is probably bad but i pour 'rain' into her tank (safe water i promise) and then let the heating lamp make humanity from that
but the top of the tank is just wire nothing to hold humanity so if anyone had nay recommendations on ANYTHING PLEASE POST IT!!!!
The best thing, is to honestly get rid of your glass tank. "standard" is to put them in shoe box tubs(sterilite 1753, and the like), in a rack, but you can still put her in a shoe box on top of a heat strip(flexwatt, etc) and make sure temps/humidity are still ok.

Quote:
I am so worried for her I know them not eating is normal but this is worrying me
i am getting new bedding tomorrow and doing a full deep clean (tips would be greatly appreciated) and i try to pour water into her tank and change her water once everyday again PLEASE help if you have ANY clue whats wrong with her
Pics would actually be super helpful.