FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Would someone be so kind as to identify
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
debcat76135
Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes ranks at the top. Simply because I have gotten to see them so often. But I have yet to see a snake Venomous or not that I don't like. Please forgive me now as I am sure this will get long. After all that is really kind of a hard question to answer.

I think my interest has in them goes back to my childhood were I was first introduced to snakes. I was born in Sweetwater Tx. and grew up about 30 mins way in a small town called Blackwell. So snake hunting and killing was consider normal and even "fun" by most of the people around me. The men that went out and hunted for the roundup where like "stars" in that small town. I was even from a very young age appalled by it. Where ever one else saw a evil animal that deserved to die I saw in those pits amazing animals built to live not something to be destroyed or hated. Growing up I though I was the only person that did not want to see them hunted or killed.

I guess that is something that stayed with me I really can't explain it. Something about snakes and more and more especially the venomous snakes seem to draw me in. Any time I get the chance to see one I can't pass it up I have to stop and look. They are just such beautiful amazing animals that I respect, am fascinated by and even have a healthy fear of what they could do should someone get careless or stupid around them.

So yeah I guess my interest goes back a pretty good ways.