FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Something to ponder.....
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #35
Dennis1
Still Undecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I'm not misunderstanding, but I obviously don't have the "proof" you seek. Admittedly, I have been out of the venomous sector for some time now, and haven't kept up with the research and who's doing what...but my feelings on the subject are obviously unchanged. You are obviously free to do what you like. If you opt for a 'void, do some research on the seller...particularly who does the surgery. Get paperwork signed by the vet that performed the procedure (that clearly states they performed the procedure...not just that the snake is devenomized), but treat it as if it was hot anyway. Keep it well, and keep it safely. Don't let either of you become statistics.
I dont want one untill they get that hypothetical medicine...lol
But that doesnt make me against them

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
As for what happens to the babies - you either keep them and raise them, or you sell them. Seriously, If you are asking what I think you are asking , the babies WILL be venomous...the change to the animals is physical, not genetic, so their offspring will be intact (think of dogs with cropped ears...the babies come out with big floppies)
LOL... that was real funny^^^
If the venomoids have babies it would make sense to go look for a vet to perform the surgery if they dont have the "skills" necessary to handle hots?