FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you kidding me???
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
WebSlave
Angry Are you kidding me???

So I get an email today saying that Best Buy was going to give me a birthday present this month. Just click on the link.... So yeah, I did that and went to a page that looks all spiffy and obviously supposed to make me feel real good about turning 69 years old this month. Heck, 10 percent off. Not a fortune but what the heck. It is something, right?

Quote:
Celebrate Your Birthday with 10% Off a Select Item

Choose a qualifying product to receive your birthday discount. See exclusions below.
The kicked from above is the statement "See exclusions below."

Well, here are the exclusions....
Quote:
Terms and Conditions
Offer valid 6/24/19–7/31/19. Markdowns taken from regular or Was prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or price match requests. Excludes AppleŽ products; Magnolia Design Center products; Amazon voice assistant and streaming players; Google voice assistant, Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; BoseŽ audio products; SONOS; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony home audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players and set top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players, select Sharp TVs; TCL TVs; all gaming consoles; Leap Motion Controller; Wacom stylus; subscription software services; kate spade new york tech accessories, headphones and portable speakers; POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, Alpha cameras, NEX cameras; Canon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, XA and XF series camcorders, lenses and flashes, G1X, G1X MARK II, G7X, N2, N100, S120, SX50, SX60 and G16; Nikon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, lenses and flashes, Coolpix A, P340, P530, P600, P610 and S810c; GoPro cameras and accessories; Olympus point and shoot cameras, interchangeable-lens cameras, lenses; Drones $499 and up; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux major appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Dyson; Pacific Sales products; Vitamix, Breville, Capital Brands, Nespresso; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs, sound bars and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp TVs, LG TVs, Sunbrite TVs; Epson projectors, JVC projectors; iRobot; Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins, Rotel, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote Control, Arcam, Peachtree, Savant, Sonus faber, Oppo and special order merchandise; special order, clearance, refurbished, pre-owned and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per customer, per household. Valid on in-stock items only. Excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Offer must be presented at time of purchase.
Gee, thanks bunches. Nearly everything worth thinking about buying is on that list. Unless I wanted some nickle and dime cell phone protector or some sort nonsense.

For something that is supposed to be a gesture of good will, this is way off of the mark, IMHO. Actually, it is having the exact opposite effect, to be honest.

Who comes up with these things?