FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you kidding me???
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
So I get an email today saying that Best Buy was going to give me a birthday present this month. Just click on the link.... So yeah, I did that and went to a page that looks all spiffy and obviously supposed to make me feel real good about turning 69 years old this month. Heck, 10 percent off. Not a fortune but what the heck. It is something, right?

The kicked from above is the statement "See exclusions below."

Well, here are the exclusions....

Gee, thanks bunches. Nearly everything worth thinking about buying is on that list. Unless I wanted some nickle and dime cell phone protector or some sort nonsense.

For something that is supposed to be a gesture of good will, this is way off of the mark, IMHO. Actually, it is having the exact opposite effect, to be honest.

Who comes up with these things?
This would be my feeling as well. Not enough to not shop at Best Buy if they had what I needed but enough to think twice about simply heading there without shopping around.

How many people don't bother reading the exclusions and when they get to the store all excited about saving 10% on their new Iphone and finding out its not eligible make the purchase anyway or simply find some other cheap do dad they don't need but buy anyway to save the 10%.

If you feel like killing some time go to the store and pick up something on the list and go to check out. When they tell you it is excluded tell them you didn't know, and don't want it. Then leave it at the counter and go pick up something else on the list. Leave them with a cart full of stuff to put away. I'm sure you have AC and if its too hot you stay home but I don't so it might be a good way to kill a hot afternoon in the comfort of an AC store. Maybe find something for under a buck (if thy have anything) at the very end and act like you just won the jackpot when you save your 10%.

Either that or go pick out the most expensive thing on the exclusions list spend a couple of hours wasting their time with questions and adding on all sorts of items (warranties, geek quad, delivery, installation etc) and then when they tell you its excluded simply say "oh? that sucks" and walk away.