FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - !!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #28
Suncoast Herpetological
You guys have got to be kidding!

Mike, just a thought? ... maybe...but not a particularly good analogy.

Tom, you said it perfectly. If you are going to conduct a business transaction, whether it is a single event or an ongoing business, you owe your customer the common courtesy of basic contact and at least a minimally businesslike attitude towards the transaction.

I have been producing snakes for a good long while and selling them as well. I also work a full time day job. In my opinion, unless the reason is pretty much catastrophic, there is absolutely no reason for missing a shipping date as described and then ignoring contact for several days. If I were to have experienced the same situation, I would have begun requesting a refund the day the animals did not arrive and the seller had not bothered to contact me.

I am truly astonished at the number of people who stated that they would have waited a week or two before taking action. Hobbyist, jobber or pet shop owner...it doesn't make a bit of difference. If the seller can't complete a transaction with a modicum of professionalism he has no business posting ads.

Ron, you haven't jumped the gun a bit.