FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Almost had to kill the neighbor's dog
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
John Apple
Quote:
Originally posted by Darin Chappell
Well, I have small children at home, so it doesn't make any difference to me whether it's a pitbull, amstaff, boxer, or standard poodle. If a strange dog were to come at me, a full-grown man in an agressive fashion in my own yard, I would have to assume that it would potentially maul a child. I would have probably taken that dog out of the picture, then go have a "talk" with its owner for putting me in that uneviable position!

I will second that idea on sanctioning a dog in my yard as I also have 6 kids in ages of 3 to 14.
I had a neighbors dog come in my yard and start mauling my lab
[it was a LARGE shepard] needless to say I crippled[bare handedly] that dog and my neighbors had to put it down with the threats of lawsuit this and that. I suffered a few cuts on my hands when I broke the dogs jaw. To protect my self I also called the police .
These neighbors I am talking about have as many as 20+ dogs in the yard of varying breeds at any given time. The actions I took against the shepard was the 3rd time one of thier dogs came into my yard.
Ken the first time it was a staffordshire terrier that now has a big scar on its head.
I have called animal control and such on these fine folks also, and in retaliation they called animal control on me saying I wasn't providing shelter for my lab[he has a 4x8 foot insulated dog house in my garage raised off the slab] idiots I say idiots

I shudder to think what I would do to these folks if thier dogs mauled my kids.I have had many words with the mans wife [he is a coward]

incedently my whole yard is fenced in