FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Indigo snakes in captivity.
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #6
thesnakeman
P.S. I'm not extending this idea to the rest of the drymarchon subs. Just texans, and easterns. To encompass the entire genus would open a whole new can of worms! Then we could go on and on at infinitum. Ball pythons, boas, retics, red rat snakes, or what used to be red rat snakes, and etc. I'm against all cross breeding, and I frown heavily on all these other mutations. Personally, I won't breed anything, unless I'm absolutely convinced that both male and female represent the same subspecies. In other words if I'm breeding black tails, believe me, both animals will have BLACK tails! But the one battle I choose to fight is the one concerning the cross breeding of texas indigos, and eastern indigos, with any other subspecies, or species. I think that's the only one we even have a snowball's chance with. And it's probably a great deal more important, for what should be obvious reasons. Herbivorous,...I like talking with you. I suspect we would agree on a few other subjects as well. This is good. Stick around and help Jeff keep me in line! Go bring some more dry guys over here too.
T.