FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
My opinion is somewhat biased because I can relate to trying to keep an updated website along with maintaining a collection and the other day to day time requirements everyone has.
I'm as guilty as they come for not updating in a timely manner, especially the for sale section of the website. But this is why I wouldn't advertise anything in advance. I'm usually guilty of the opposite, not getting them advertised for weeks after they are ready for sale.

I do agree with Harald, he should have made mention of the intended price differential at the first contact. However, this is a no harm situation. While his actions have left a bad taste in your mouth for him as a seller, you weren't financially harmed in any way.
I understand your frustration, and would feel the same way if I were in that position, but I'd accept it and move on.

As for my statement on putting a deposit on potentially unavailable animals, the way I read your original post I was under the impression that this was not a potential clutch, but a pair of animals he had for sale that someone else has possibly spoken for.