FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - good beginner venomous snake
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 11:37 PM   #54
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Rather than yell at keepers who enjoy smoking marijuana and tell them to quit, I would suggest that they smoke only when they are well away from their snakes.
I really only included it because some might compare the effects of certain illegal substances to those of perfectly legal alchohol or cigarettes and quite rightly.

I got over my "Outraged dissent and disobedience" phase a long, long time ago and currently feel that only those who OBEY a law that they dislike have the power to get it changed. People in massachusetts who think the law requiring a permit for a chondro is stupid (I'm among them) only have credibility in requesting that it be changed in they actually have the permits for the animals they own. Anyone circumventing the law really isn't feeling the effects of it and it's hypocritical of them to complain.

This, of course, is over generalized and minor issues of personal freedom. While a lot of drama can be loaded into a statement, a requirement for a permit to collect native species isn't the same as denying an ethnicity the right to vote.