FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ohio state law issues
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #35
Chaos Reptiles
I am a pet store in Ohio and have yet to be informed of any new laws or policy regarding the sale of live animals. I do believe that to be a municipal law. However, A law was passed in California in the late 1970's That required all consumers of pets and feeders to be logged by pet store owners and they are now inforcing this law as of a few weeks ago. I only mention this because it can be a very old law in ohio and now being inforced. As far as the importation of animals into the state, this is not a new law as far as I understand. All Imports are to be registered and documented and all animals coming into Ohio require a health permit and this includes insects. I would hope that animal dealers know thier local laws and follow them. Also a side note, just because a law is passed does not mean it cannot be re-written or amended and since there has been a lot more momentum with politcal action with the boa/python ban etc, perhaps we can re-write some laws and take away some of the govenments ammo against us!