FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Chris Davis
Thread: Info Chris Davis
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #52
Turtle 77541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
ITS SO EASY......send him two turtles, caramels 100% het snow or just caramels....and I assume the deal was for two PERFECTS - dont send some rejects.,...... The right thing to do, its to late to back out of it, and IMO as a breeder, and someone who wants customers happy, I would send him 4 and not be a cheapo for the delays and problems - or een a pair of yearlings as you took three years away from his breeding projects and a value of $3-4k from what they cost now! you would probably save your reputation atleast partially -
I completely agree with you. The whole issue of time versus money is one of the greatest sources of contention I have with Chris. He states several times that I suddenly out of nowhere had all of this hostility toward him in August 2018. This issue of getting things so late and the loss of value is the main reason. Chris told me he had two het for snows that will be ready soon. I was happy to accept these from. Then he made a comment asking me is I would send him some extra money or turtles since these were het for snow and not just regular caramels. I started to get irritated at this comment. For one, his contract specifically says I could pick two from him even if they were visual snows. Additionally I had already waited years and lost a lot of time and money on what could have been. Caramels were valued at $2500 in 2016. I told Chris I was already losing out big time by getting these now versus in 2016. He became very defensive and told me that my statement of saying that I am "losing big time" makes him cringe.

I am under the impression that he honestly believes to this day, even if I receive them 4 years later, that I got my self an outstanding deal from him. He exaggerates the value of whatever he is offering and diminishes the value of you are giving him to a ridiculous extent. You can see an example of that in the screenshot he posted of the chat him and I had. He claims his het for snow caramels are worth 3 times what my normal caramel pinks are worth.